|A society applying for membership in the Federation shall provide the Secretary with a copy of its constitution or charter and its bylaws. If the following matters are not stated explicitly in them, the society shall provide the Secretary with a statement giving:|
1. The objectives of the society;
|This society aims to share, exchange knowledge and promote theoretical developments and applications in the operational research field in Tunisia. This is performed by:
• Supporting education, training, research and practices in this field.
• Organizing conferences and workshops in national and international levels to enhance and promote the exchange of knowledge, the collaborations and the interactions between researchers and industrials.
• Establishing and maintaining scientific cooperation with national and international institutions and other operational research societies.
• Providing professional consultancy services to decision makers in industry and administrative fields.
2. Confirmation that membership in the society is based on such scientific and professional qualifications as it has laid down, and that membership and its privileges are in no way restricted by race, religion, color, national origin, sex, or political preference;
|Members are required to:
• Accept the statute of the Association.
• Have at least master degree in any discipline from recognized university and also be involved in studying, teaching, research or consultancy in the operational research field.
• Have an interest in Operational Research.
• Not disqualified by any law.
• Not having any discrimination to obtain the organization membership according to race, color, national origin, caste, religion, sex and political views.
Disqualification of member
Loses from membership:
• Who presents his resignation to the President of TORS.
• Convicted by the court on morally turpitude criminal offence.
• Disqualified by any law.
3. The names and addresses of the officers and the persons composing the governing body together with their tenures;
1. Dr. Youssef Masmoudi , President
2. Dr. Souhail Dhouib,Vice-President
3. Dr. Sabeur El Kosantini, General Secretary
4. Dr. Walid Besbes, Vice-General Secretary
5. Dr. Mahdi Khemakhem, Treasurer
6. Dr. Mohamed Ayman Boujelbene, Vice-Treasurer
• The Executive Committee is composed of six members elected from the general meeting for a period of two years and no more than two consecutive terms. It consists of the President, the Vice-President, the General Secretary, the Vice- General Secretary, the Treasurer and the Vice-Treasurer.
• Full members shall have the right to vote and to stand for and be elected to the
• The tenure of the executive committee shall be of two years.
• In case of vacancy of the president post, because of resignation or any other reason, the vacant post shall be fulfilled by the vice-president till the next general meeting.
• A person who is member continuously at least for two years can only be the candidate of president.
• Founder chairman shall be the honorary chairman of the organization.
4. The procedures for electing officers and members of the governing body;
|Election of Executive Committee
• The Executive Committee shall constitute an Election Committee that determines the election procedure.
• Members present at the Annual General Meeting shall elect, by secret ballot, Executive Committee members under the supervision of the Election Committee.
• The Election Committee will be automatically dissolved after the completion of the election.
5. The qualifications for membership, the dues, entrance fees, and any other details affecting membership; and
|For Qualifications, please see line #2
Classification of Membership:
There shall be the following membership grades:
• Full membership: 30 Tunisian Dinars (20 US dollars)
• Student Membership: 15 Tunisian Dinars (10 US dollars)
• Honorary Membership: Honorary membership of the TORS may be awarded to the member providing special contribution to the organization.
6. Provisions for meetings and publications
|No information given.|
B. A society may apply for Membership in the Federation only if no Member already exists in its country. This provision does not apply to Kindred Societies or to Kindred Society membership in various countries.
|IFORS Comment: The Tunisian Management Science Society joined IFORS in 2005. Due to inactivity, their membership was dropped in 2011.|