IFORS Prize for OR in Development
• Awarded at the close of the IFORS Triennial Conference and carries with it a grand prize of US$4,000.00 and a runner-up prize of US$2,000.00;
1. The paper describes a practical OR application in a developing country, conducted to assist a specific organization in its decision-making process, with original features in methodology or implementation.
2. If selected to be among the finalists, the entry should be presented by one of the principal authors during the IFORS Triennial Conference.
3. The paper includes some description of the application’s social context and its impact on the decision-making process or on the organization for which it was conducted. Where appropriate, the relevance of the country’s state of development to the study is addressed. A stress on developmental issues will be an important factor in the judging. Papers of a purely technical nature, or those which have no relevance in the developmental context, will not be considered.
4. Winners are selected on the basis of problem definition, creativity and appropriateness of approach, MS/OR content, stress on developmental issues, impact of the study, paper organization and structure and quality of written and (if selected as finalist) oral presentation.