Member Society Name: Australian Society for Operations Research (ASOR)
Mailing Address: The University of Melbourne
Contact Number: +614 33926091
President: Professor Baikunth Nath
Secretary: Dr. Patrick Tobin
Treasurer: Kaye Marion
Representative: Professor Baikunth Nath
Profile: The Australian Society for Operations Research (ASOR) was founded on 1st January, 1972 and has about 400 members nationwide. ASOR, like other national societies is affiliated to the International Federation of Operational Research Societies (IFORS). ASOR serves the professional needs of OR analysts, managers, students and educators by publishing a National Bulletin and National and Chapter Newsletters. The society also serves as a focal point for operations researchers to communicate with each other and to reach out to other professional societies.
The Society’s objectives are to:
• Foster the development of the science of Operations Research.
• Foster the application of Operations Research wherever appropriate.
• Foster the widest possible exchange of information and ideas on Operations Research and related subjects.
• Define standards of knowledge in and to further the study of Operations Research
* To update your society information please e-mail the IFORS webmaster at email@example.com