Date: September 22–24, 2021
Venue: Bled, Slovenia
The 16th International Symposium on Operations Research in Slovenia (SOR’21) will be held in Bled, Slovenia, September 22–24, 2021.
The professional objectives of the international symposium are to provide a forum for international and national exchange of ideas on various aspects of OR and related fields.
– Professional aspects of OR (OR methodology, OR education, OR implementaion, OR profession).
– Methods and techniques of OR (Assignment, Combinatiorial programming, Linear programming, Multiple criteria decision making, Netowrkd and graphs, Non-linear programming, Numeral methods, Simulation, Statistics, Stochastic processes, Vector optimization, etc.)
– Areas of application (Agriculture, Banking, Ecology, Economic systems and enomometrics, Energy, Environmental protection, Finance, Invetory, Production planning, Transport, etc.).
– Information and computing aspects of OR (Artificial intelligence, Decision support systems, Expert systems, Information systems, OR software, Data mining, High performance computing, etc.).
There will be plenary lectures of 40 minutes and contributed presentations of 15 minutes. Conference language is English.
– Wednesday, September 22, 2021 late afternoon: Get-together afternoon with excursion and dinner
– Thursday, September 23, 2021 late afternoon: Get-together afternoon with short excursion
Submission of contributed papers: June 3, 2021
Referee’s reports: July 1, 2021
Submission of revised papers and copies of bank transfer: August 25, 2021
Printed SOR’21 Proceedings will be available to all registered participants at the symposium.
Special issues of the Central European Journal of Operational Research, Business Systems Research Journal, Organizacija and Naše gospodarstvo / Our economy are planned where journal versions of selected papers will be published.
INSTRUCTION TO AUTHORS
For instructions to authors see https://sor.fov.um.si/. The registration fee has to be paid till August 25, 2021. Please, submit a copy (scanned document) of bank transfer online.
– Assist. Prof. Vedran Kojić, PhD
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Economics & Business
Title: Application of basic mathematical inequalities to selected problems in economics
– Prof. Panos Patrinos, PhD
KU Leuven, Dept. Electrical Engineering (ESAT), STADIUS Center for Dynamical Systems, Signal Processing and Data Analytics
Title: Algorithms for large-scale structured nonconvex optimization
– Prof. Jerneja Žganec Gros, PhD
Alpineon Ltd, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Title: Speech synthesis in language digitisation: the Slovenian use case
SDI-SOR & HDOI members ……….€170
PhD students …………………………….€170
The registration fee includes: SOR’21 Proceedings (except for accompanying person), light lunches, coffee breaks, get-together afternoon and one dinner (VAT is included).
Conference Website: https://sor.fov.um.si/