Cisco Curtin Centre for Intent Based Networking
- Continuing Professor (ALE) Teaching & Research position
- A competitive salary will be offered plus 17% superannuation
- Relocation provided for you and your immediate family
Curtin University is ranked in the top 1% universities worldwide (ARWU 2018 and QS World University Rankings 2019), and is placed 20th in the world for universities less than 50 years old (QS Top 50 Under 50 2019). Curtin is WA’s most preferred university, with highly engaged industry-facing partners. Curtin University is a major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai.
Curtin University and Cisco
Curtin University and Cisco have a standing strategic alliance which aligns the two organisations for the purpose of developing, executing and promoting mutually beneficial research and collaborative projects. As part of these collaboration projects, a recently signed Research Collaboration Agreement, commits the two organisations to establish a Centre aimed at contributing to, and becoming a recognised leader in, the intent based networking field.
The partnership will establish a Cisco Curtin Centre for Intent Based Networking (CIBN) with dedicated academic staff and a Cisco DNA lab environment. This Centre will be embedded in the School of Electrical Engineering, Computing and Mathematical Sciences at Curtin University, with strong links to the Curtin Institute for Computation. The alliance will leverage synergies between Curtin’s excellent research, teaching and learning capabilities, and Cisco’s market-leading technology and network capabilities.
Your new role
As the Cisco Chair for Intent Based Networking, your focus will be on improving network intelligence, and applying these new capabilities into specific industries; higher education, Smart Cities/Smart Campuses and industrial environments.
Your role will lead and contribute to the development of intelligent networks, networking automation (self-diagnosis, self-adapting and self-healing networks), improving network resilience, minimising the risk of change and improved cyber security practises.
This rare opportunity will allow the successful candidate to play a leading role in managing a team of Post-Doctoral Fellows, PhD and Masters Students. You will be involved in the recruitment of these positions. This position will be research focussed with some teaching requirements.
Please review the Candidate Information Booklet.
You will bring to this role
- A doctoral qualification in electrical engineering, mathematics, computer science, or related discipline
- Demonstrated leadership of integrated research activity both within and across groups in academic and/or applied research
- Proven record of world-leading applied research in networking systems with the focus on two or more of cyber security, automation, analytics, and optimisation in internationally visible research projects
- Strong cooperation and collaboration skills and ability to work in a team; successful candidates are expected to collaborate with colleagues from around the University, and within Industry and Partners
- An excellent record of obtaining research income, including competitive research grants, industry funding, or other R&D support mechanisms
- An established and significant record of publication in high quality peer-reviewed journals, consistent with leadership in the field, including recent leadership of high impact publications
- Evidence of a leading international reputation and profile, and significant citation indices or equivalent esteem measures, as appropriate to the field
- Proven leadership and mentoring of academic staff in relation to professional development, and significant experience of providing supervision to Higher Degree by Research students
What we offer you
The Faculty of Science and Engineering offers exciting career paths and trajectories including:
- conducting innovative work that will make real-world difference,
- interactions with and learnings from industry, government and academic partners, and
- international recognition.
Curtin University offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package, a friendly and collaborative work environment, generous leave entitlements, flexible working arrangements, a relocation allowance, generous superannuation, salary-packaging arrangements including childcare, and the potential to support dual-career arrangements.
For details of Curtin’s employee benefits please visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
What we need from you
You are encouraged to respond specifically to the selection criteria.
Applications close: 5:00 PM, Monday 10 June 2019
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance.
Explore some more
To apply complete the application form below, or for more information contact:
Lily Dewse – People Capability Consultant, Faculty Science and Engineering.
Phone: +61 8 9266 4774