Operations Research (OR) was born with the challenges brought by World War II. It has since its founding, addressed various business, economic, health, development and sustainability issues. As the world now faces the coronavirus pandemic, said to be the most challenging crisis the world has faced since the Second World War, OR continues to be a remarkable tool to help decision makers. With the theme OR: Continuing Relevance in Challenging Times, this online conference seeks to bring together OR researchers, academicians and practitioners, whose collective work has sustained continuing OR contribution to decision-making in the past and now, in the new normal.
Why pre-APORS Conference?
The Association of Asia Pacific Operations Research Societies (APORS) is a regional grouping of the International Federation of Operational Research Societies (IFORS). Because of the current pandemic, the APORS conference slated for November 2021 has been moved to 2022 to make way for the postponed IFORS conference that should have been held in July, 2020. This is online conference is an effort to keep the APORS and the iFORS connections on going even in these challenging times.
Keynote and Invited Speakers
Keynote speakers will come from the four regions of IFORS (Asia, , Europe, Latin America, and North America). National paper contributions from the APORS countries, namely Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Iran, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Nepal, New Zealand, and Singapore will be featured along with a limited number of contributed papers from the region.
– Participants who register at the conference website will be given the Zoom details of the
conference. All sessions will be recorded and will be made available to registered participants.
– Registration fee is waived for ORSP MEMBERS and invited speakers for as long as they register on or before September 15, 2020.
– Other Registration fees:
o Local participants PhP 1,000
o Foreign participants USD 25
o Paper presenters PhP 1,500
Reservation/ Payment Methods:
1. Payment may be deposited directly to BDO Account No. 00151 0028 666 under the name of Operations Research Society of the Philippines, Inc. (please do not abbreviate). Please email your deposit slip with your registration form.
2. You may also issue a crossed check payable to the Operations Research Society of the
Philippines (please do not abbreviate) and bring or mail to the office address below. Your
receipts will be ready for pick up during the conference at the latest.
3. You may choose to apply for/renew your membership to avail of the member rates. Contact Jenny Alzate, telefax 02 3439 9496; mobile 0927 877 5219; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries.
4. Foreign participants may pay via Paypal.
5. Local payments may also be made by GCash to 0917 863 4196.