The Operations Research Division of the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineering (IISE) encourages all its members to nominate a faculty for its annual award recognizing excellence in teaching operations research.
The award will be presented at the upcoming IISE Annual Conference in Orlando, FL between May 19 and May 22, 2018.
• The nominee must be a member of IISE.
• The candidate should be nominated for the instruction of an undergraduate course in operations research methods or applications. The course must be offered as part of an academic program in Engineering or Management (i.e., Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Engineering Management, or Civil Engineering, or Management Science among others). Examples of course titles for the nomination may include “Operations Research”, “Linear Programming”, “Optimization Methods”, “Simulation”, “Production Systems”, “Linear Optimization”, “Decision Analysis”, etc.
• Course materials supporting the candidate nomination must have been developed by the nominee. Nomination package: Nominations may be made by a faculty colleague or a student who has taken the course for which the candidate is put forward. The nomination package must consist of the following:
• Table of contents
• A one-page reflective statement by the nominee on his/her contribution to the instruction of OR.
• Three letters of support. One from the nominator and two from other individuals. At least one of the three letters must be from a faculty member and at least one must be from a student.
• Course syllabus and supporting items such as samples of different instructional materials used in the course.
• Summary copies of teaching evaluations for the course for which the candidate is nominated.
• Curriculum Vitae.
We welcome nominations from around the globe! Letters of support, CV, and reflective statements are required in English, while samples of instructional materials, evaluations, and syllabus can be submitted in the language of instruction.
All supporting documents in the nomination package should be submitted as a combined pdf to Dr. Hugh Medal (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 9, 2018.