GAMS is an established software company with a long track record in mathematical optimization. We sell products and services to more than 120 countries. We care about algebraic modeling and optimization and strive to provide our customers with the best possible optimization software and services. We innovate responsibly and guarantee the long-term compatibility of our products.
Our customers express and solve their optimization problems using our algebraic modeling language “GAMS” to develop optimal solutions to their complex decision problems in a wide range of industries and applications (energy systems modeling, macroeconomic analysis, environmental studies, production planning, and much more). Using our deployment solutions, MIRO and Engine, customers can seamlessly host optimization models in the cloud and make them accessible via a web browser.
We are a friendly and culturally diverse group of dedicated people from different countries who love creating quality software and helping customers formulate and solve their complex optimization problems. As a GAMS team member, you will benefit from a flexible and family-friendly work environment with a flat hierarchy and many opportunities to learn and discuss your ideas with some of the brightest minds in the field.
Role and Responsibilities
● Cultivate and nurture business relationships, define and develop business opportunities.
● Actively participate in identifying, acquiring, and processing projects and consulting assignments.
● Develop sustainable strategies to establish our technical consulting services in the AMER region.
● You have a solid scientific and technical background, e.g., a Master’s or Ph.D., preferably in a field applying optimization.
● You have experience in project work and are interested in selling technical B2B or analytics software or services.
● You can interact with technical customers professionally and confidently.
● You are proficient in English; a professional communication level in additional languages is beneficial.
● You have an innovative way of thinking, can organize your work, and like working in the software industry.
● You work proactively with a focus on customer relationships and connection.
● You have a sense of purpose, a self-starter attitude, an eagerness to learn, take pride in a well-done job, and feel comfortable working autonomously and in an international team.
● You embrace the challenge of an international posting and are open to relocating to the United States (3+ years minimum).
● You have a valid work permit for Germany and none of the reasons for denying a US visa apply to you.
● Some working experience in
○ technical B2B software sales, optimization or analytics
○ project management
● Knowledge of
○ GAMS (or any other modeling language)
○ Python, R, Git, GitLab
We offer an exciting field of activity with a diverse customer base, flexible working hours, and a long-term job in a cooperative and family-friendly environment.
After a thorough introduction to your area of responsibility in Germany, you will work (remotely) in a fast-paced environment. Your initial employment will be with GAMS Software GmbH (Germany). During your time in the US, GAMS Development Corp. will be your employer. The benefits in the US include a competitive salary with ample paid vacation and holidays, full medical insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings program with a generous company match. This is a remote position.
You will work closely together with our commercial teams. Remote work in Germany is also possible, but after an extended onboarding period, we expect you to relocate to the US for a minimum of three years to establish a direct rapport with our US customer base.
Of course, we will support your relocation to the US, including relocation costs, one annual return flight to visit home and family, 30 days of annual leave, and health insurance.
If you have what it takes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your LinkedIn profile (or another social media or online profile).