1.The EDDA 2019 jury will only consider dissertations in Operational Research defended between 1 February 2018 and 31 January 2019. The dissertation must have been defended in a University located in a member country of EURO. The author of the dissertation must be a member of a member society of EURO.
2.To be considered, a dissertation should be nominated by the supervisor of the thesis (one of them in case of multiple supervisors). The supervisor of the dissertation is asked to provide the jury with the following information:
- The text of the dissertation;
- An extended abstract (3 to 5 pages) of the dissertation; this abstract should be written in English and should include precise keywords;
- An itemization of the candidate’s contribution to each co-authored article if the dissertation contains co-authored articles (i.e., published papers or unpublished manuscripts);
- If the dissertation is not in English, a paper in English which has been authored or co-authored by the candidate and which describes the core ideas of the dissertation. This paper should preferably have been published in or submitted to an international journal;
- Nomination letters (or reports) from two referees selected by the dissertation supervisor, supporting the submission and stating their assessment of why the dissertation should win the award;
- An up-to-date CV of the candidate, including a list of publications.
No nomination will be considered without these items. Please also check the guidelines.
Since many doctoral dissertations in OR are defended each year only outstanding pieces of work are expected to be submitted. The jury would like to remind supervisors that only high-quality theses might have a chance of winning the award.
3.The jury selects a short-list of finalists who will present their work in a special session at the 30th European Conference on Operational Research in Dublin. There is no registration fee for each finalist. EURO will also contribute to the travel and accommodation expenses. The winner will be determined by the jury at the end of the special session and will be announced by the chair of the jury during the closing session of the EURO 2019 Conference.
4.Applications should be submitted online http://www.euro-online.
org/awards/edda2019/ by the deadline of January 31, 2019.