Job Reference: 1031287
Curtin Centre for Optimisation and Decision Science
The Curtin Centre for Optimisation and Decision Science conducts high-quality inter-disciplinary research focused on data-driven optimisation for real-world applications. The Centre was established in January 2022 and it currently includes 16 full-time staff whose expertise spans operations research, process control, computational modelling, and data science. The Centre works with industry and government partners to develop cutting-edge optimisation technology for solving complex planning and decision problems in the mining, agriculture, energy, and defence sectors. Current areas of focus include maintenance planning and scheduling, rostering optimisation, detecting misinformation in online social networks, and optimising chemical production processes.
Your new role
An exciting opportunity exists for a postdoctoral researcher to join our Centre on a 4-year appointment, with the possibility of extension. You will be provided with career development and mentoring opportunities as part of a young, dynamic group in optimisation. Come join us and help build an exciting future for the new Curtin Centre for Optimisation and Decision Science.
In this role you will:
• Conduct high-quality research in optimisation and operations research with other members of the centre.
• Take the lead in publishing joint articles in top international journals.
• Participate in collaborative projects with industry and government partners.
• Supervise honours and PhD students and teach at undergraduate or graduate level.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Professor Ryan Loxton, Director, Centre for Optimisation and Decision Science on either email@example.com or +61 08 9266 9218.
Alternatively, please visit the website at: https://research.curtin.edu.au/optimisation/
Curtin University offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package, a friendly and collaborative work environment, generous leave entitlements and superannuation, flexible working arrangements, and salary-packaging. Our vibrant campus includes an art gallery, gym, childcare and medical centre, and endless food options including a supermarket.
For more information about our university, please visit www.curtin.edu.au
Please provide a cover letter, your CV and separate document addressing the selection criteria (noted below) to allow us to assess your suitability for this role.
• A doctoral qualification in applied mathematics, industrial engineering, or related area
• A track record of publications in high-quality international journals in operations research
• A strong theoretical background in integer programming and discrete optimisation
• Excellent computing skills and experience working with relevant programming languages and platforms – for example, Python, Java, Julia, CPLEX, and Gurobi
• Interest in applied research, consulting, and research commercialisation
To view a copy of the Academic Role Statement, please copy and paste the following link into your web browser.
Applications close: 9PM Australian Western Standard Time (AWST), Monday 27th March 2023.
Applicants should note that prior to appointment, you will need to have a current National Police Records check, undergo character, integrity, and reference checks. Please note that this position may be subject to a WA state government vaccination mandate. If requested, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status prior to employment.
Curtin University reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by alternative means, at any time.
If you have any queries in relation to this application process, please contact our careers team on 08 9266 9000 (option 3,1).
Website yo apply: http://staff.curtin.edu.au/job-vacancies/?ja-job=662309